Thursday, April 24, 2014

Endless Chances

The sun screams through my window for once in a lifetime,
I suppose everything's alright again,
Picking up the scattered pieces of my crime,
Unable to mime,
Required paper, ink, and pen,

I think cautiously about the next move,
My path previously spiraled like silver stranded smoke through a dark cocktail lounge,
Can I stay true?
Last bit of the life it was, my pennies aren't able to scrounge,
But what is it of life that matters to me or you?

A ring? A trophy? Some toys and some money?
It's funny the things some pray for when they're down on one knee,

Like a child to a hot stove top,
I burn my hand repeatedly,
Blisters pop and heal slowly but surely,
Leaving deep rooted scars unbeknownst to me,

Lesson not learned, 
Given not earned,
My rewards deserve to be gathered and burned,

Everything flows to me so easily,
Like water to a river or wind to a tree,
My roughest upstream tribulation,
I never thought it would be Me vs. Me,

Trial train chugs along through sun depraved catacombs I know as home,
Endless night,
Craving light,
Always turning left when I should go right,
My candle dream continues to burn bright,
But the end of the wick approaches quick.

--Jordan Ramay


No comments:

Post a Comment