Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"Another Sheet of Paper"

Staring at a blank page
My mind becomes enraged with anticipation to
The thought that will emerge

An explosion of creativity and imagination derived
From a pod of contained inspiration

Some march to the beat of a different drum
And some expressed with the same reason
Clawing to become a new race of poet warriors
Words never to be vanquished by smoldering battlefields

My mind free as the universe
And the stars represent the next verse

Let me not leave you or love you,
But indulge me in your strange brew
Served in a lust loved cauldron of our insanity,

Stress soaked reins of words wrapped around my neck
Answering fearfully at every call and beck

Into my seat of relief I sank
Because the page was no longer blank

- Jordan Ramay

2 comments:

  1. Jordan,

    This is such a true representation of how writing feels to me, a well. I look forward to reading more from you. :)

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks baby. I appreciate it. Right on to The Writers!

      Delete